Talent Experience Officer (12 month contract)
Wellington, New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 132 countries and in over 80 languages worldwide.
The PX agency sits within the Operations team who support Optimal Workshop with leading a world-class, people-centric experience for the employees of OW.
The Talent Experience Officer position will manage the end to end recruitment process with a focus on providing timely and high quality support and advice. They will enable an exceptional candidate and hiring team experience each and every time.
- Create and implement a recruitment plan and strategy for scaling and growth
- Manage the end to end recruitment process including building talent pools for critical roles and candidate management.
- Use of a variety of recruitment strategies that are fit for purpose and use the best practice approach based on employment trends and market insights. Create innovative attraction and selection methods.
- Engage in job briefings with the hiring manager and PX to build context around critical/difficult roles and develop plans for these roles as priority.
- Building talent pools of candidates both in New Zealand and overseas
- Engage, build and maintain relationships with external recruitment agencies and negotiate contracts with them
- Champion new innovative ways to tackle the challenges of talent attraction, selection and retention.
- Remain aware of employment and salary trends, ensuring key information is shared with the PX team and any actions are taken in a timely manner
- Recruitment process improvement
- Training and upskilling Heads of and Chiefs in interviewing skills and recruitment process and activities.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in relevant area(s) and/or similar experience
- Knowledge and experience in end to end recruitment activities including providing advice and solutions to attract talent.
- Interpersonal skill with a customer centric focus
- Ability to collaborate, create and maintain strong relationships with a variety of people
- Proven ability to manage conflicting task and deadlines
People and Culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and is committed to continual self-improvement, with a focus on growth and performance.
- Engages as needed in the scoping, recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Demonstrates commitment to cross squad and team communication, collaboration and connectivity.
- Upholds the principles of and models the behaviours of The Optimal Way championing the Optimal Workshop culture and living and breathing our values:
- Approachable – We’re here when you need us and love a silly question. We give people the tools and knowledge they need to get stuff done and grow. We’re exclusively inclusive because we care!.
- Bold – We’re not afraid to do things differently and make a few mistakes along the way. We take ownership of opportunities and find the courage to forge a better path.
- Curious – We’re insatiably curious, just like our customers. We prove hunches with data and follow our instincts. We put people at the heart of everything we do.
- Actively works to encourage and support employee diversity across Optimal Workshop.
Note: This is not a remote opportunity. Due to Covid 19 border restrictions, candidates are required to be based in, and legal to work in New Zealand.