Software and Platform Engineer (Senior)
Wellington, New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 100 countries and in over 70 languages worldwide.
We’re looking for a Software and Platform Engineer to join our Technology Experience team (TechEx) to help us maintain and extend our core platform, infrastructure and tools.
As the backbone of our platform, TechEx enables other Optimal Workshop teams to support customers through effective technical processes, tools and infrastructure for the product and its development. The main focus of this team is the maintenance and enhancement of the product infrastructure, including the CI/CD pipeline and the data infrastructure, in addition to the development of needed solutions to make our delivery squads technically autonomous, as well as ensuring security and compliance.
- Manage and execute technical projects that have a significant impact across the business
- Actively improve the solution architecture and infrastructure of a product platform that supports an active and growing customer base
- Contribute to improving the ways of working across the business and development faculty to ensure we’re best in class
- Continuously work alongside other developers for mutual growth in both the product and infrastructure space
- Shape the technical methodology and practices throughout the company
- Contribute to our overall technical strategy as a company
- Focus on the technical performance of our platform
We’re looking for someone with:
- Knowledge and experience architecting and implementing reliable, scalable and cost effective solutions in AWS
- Solid background in software architecture and coding skills
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Comfort and experience with one or more web application frameworks (eg RubyOnRails is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with databases and data engineering
- A self-starter attitude who is comfortable leading and driving projects that have impact across the entire business.
- The ability to focus on both the bigger picture and tiny details, following projects all the way from creation through to execution
- Excellent communication skills (code included) to collaborate with a wide range of people, both internal and external