Ruby on Rails/React Full Stack Developer (Intermediate-Senior)
6 month contract position
Wellington, New Zealand / East Coast, Australia (Remote)
Are you a developer with a passion for making products that people love? You’re in luck, we’ve got just the role as part of a friendly and supportive development team. We value flexibility, so if you like working from the office, come and join us in the heart of Wellington. Or, if you prefer to work remotely, we’re happy for you to join from anywhere as long as you’re within 2 hours of New Zealand’s timezone. If you’re ready for an exciting new challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
What your team is responsible for
- Exploring and validating new ways to increase revenue
- Website user onboarding
- Website pricing models and experimentation
- Collaborating with our sales and customer success teams
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Helping the team deliver our long term goals, including developing new tools and working on our platform.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team, including designers and researchers
- Implementing required features and pairing with other team members
- Contributing your voice to our developer faculty — sharing knowledge and collaborating across teams
- Evolving the team culture: and embracing our values of being open, daring, adopting a can-do attitude and having fun!
- Assisting your team by providing advice and support for technical considerations
- Being responsible for the technical decisions within the team
- Assisting with implementation effort estimates and prioritisation
- Helping to maintain technical consistency throughout the company
- Documenting technical processes in order to share knowledge
- Implementing features: mainly in Ruby on Rails, React and AWS, but using other technologies as needed.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Flexible in order to to power experiments and prototype solutions
- Experienced (several years) with web technologies (we use Rails, SCSS and React)
- Experienced building products end-to-end: from concept to deployment
- Comfortable working in a lean, agile product development environment
- Able to elegantly balance speed and quality
- Inquisitive, proactive and friendly; collaborative yet self-driven, with an interest in being part of the discovery process
- An excellent communicator (code included) to collaborate with a wide range of people
- Experienced working with clients and customers
- Comfortable working with content management systems, such as WordPress
- Ready to learn. This is vital!
- Nice to have: experience with AWS and DevOps in addition to data analysis competency
Note: This is not a remote opportunity. Due to Covid 19 border restrictions, candidates are required to be based in, and legal to work in New Zealand.