Ruby on Rails/React Full Stack Developer (Intermediate-Senior)
Wellington, New Zealand / East Coast, Australia (Remote)
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 100 countries and in over 70 languages worldwide.
Are you a developer with a passion for making products that people love? You’re in luck, we’ve got just the role as part of a friendly and supportive development team. We value flexibility, so if you like working from the office, come and join us in the heart of Wellington. Or, if you prefer to work remotely, we’re happy for you to join from anywhere as long as you’re within 2 hours of New Zealand’s timezone. If you’re ready for an exciting new challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
- Full-stack web development working primarily with React and Ruby on Rails, using your comprehensive product development experience and a flexible mindset to design, prototype and deliver product features.
- Helping your squad to deliver on our long term goals: building a new user research platform and developing new tools and experiences to accommodate the UX research lifecycle
- Evolve the squad culture: open, daring, can-do, resilient, flexible, helpful, having fun; they’ve got gusto!
- Working with a multidisciplinary team, including designers and researchers
- Generating insights from research data and visualizations
- Performance tuning and uptime improvements
- Enhancing our existing suite of user research tools
- Adding a new voice to our developer faculty – sharing knowledge and collaborating across teams
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An excellent communicator as you will be collaborating with a wide range of people
- Experienced in React and Ruby On Rails and has a good attitude and willingness to learn. You’ll also be pretty good at: Git, ES6, html5, scss, BEM, and mysql
- Experienced building products end to end, from concept to delivery
- Comfortable working in a lean, agile product development mindset
- Well balanced and can work to both a high standard and at speed
- Inquisitive, proactive and has a friendly manner; we want you to be collaborative yet self-driven
- Experienced working with clients and customers
- Experienced with AWS and DevOps in addition to data analysis competency (this isn’t a deal breaker, but it’d be nice to have)