Wellington/Remote New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 132 countries and in over 80 languages worldwide.
The role of our Senior Marketing Designer is to be an internal champion for the design of our brand, marketing site, and all customer-facing digital platforms. They are charged with helping to define the strategic direction of Optimal Workshop’s brand, and to execute on initiatives to support this strategy.
They have a fluent understanding of what makes great visual design and a curiosity that drives them to experiment, collaborate, learn new skills, and seek out feedback to make their design better. They work alongside other members of the Design Faculty to collaborate and help grow the collective design capabilities and internal design practices.
- Bring our digital Marketing presence to life
Implement beautiful designs so that our Marketing site and variety of other digital platforms bring joy throughout the entire customer experience. Design interactive and dynamic components for a highly usable and engaging end-to-end user experience. Prioritise work and resources across various projects, and work reactively to new opportunities that arise.
- Define and execute Brand and Marketing Strategies
Contribute to and set direction for Optimal Workshop’s brand strategy and brand roadmap by applying strategic thinking and company vision. Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand – and challenge us to constantly strive for better. Maintain a cohesive and consistent brand experience between Marketing and Product.
- Inspire the wider team
Work collaboratively with our Marketers, Developers, and Designers to be an advocate for consistent and cohesive design throughout the company. Implement best practices for marketing and brand design, leveraging industry standards. Educate others on brand experience, and design-driven storytelling.
- 5+ years experience in design, with a focus on UI, marketing, and brand.
- Strategic thinking and leadership around the application of brand design and its importance as a discipline, contributing to vision, strategy and workplan.
- Experience leading design projects for web experiences (e.g. landing pages or marketing sites).
- Provide mentoring and education for Designers and other members of the OW team.
- Work collaboratively with Developers on digital marketing projects.
- An understanding of conversion rate optimization, applied through principles of design.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- A love for crafting great design with an expert eye for detail.
- An ability to prototype and test out your ideas with others, caring about usability and accessibility.
- A desire to grow by seeking constructive feedback and providing it in return.
- Proficiency using Figma (or similar tool), and keeps up to date with design tooling and trends over time.
- A passion for all things UX.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Photography and art direction.
- Motion design and production.
- Experience navigating and updating a CMS (We use WordPress).
- An understanding of basic HTML & CSS
People and Culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and is committed to continual self-improvement, with a focus on growth and performance.
- Engages as needed in the scoping, recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Demonstrates commitment to cross squad and team communication, collaboration and connectivity.
- Upholds the principles of and models the behaviours of The Optimal Way championing the Optimal Workshop culture and living and breathing our values:
- Approachable – We’re here when you need us and love a silly question. We give people the tools and knowledge they need to get stuff done and grow. We’re exclusively inclusive because we care!
- Bold – We’re not afraid to do things differently and make a few mistakes along the way. We take ownership of opportunities and find the courage to forge a better path.
- Curious – We’re insatiably curious, just like our customers. We prove hunches with data and follow our instincts. We put people at the heart of everything we do.
We believe building diversity at Optimal Workshop enhances our workplace and helps us drive the success of our business. It not only provides us with a broad range of perspectives that leads to healthy discussion and better decisions, but it also means our workforce better reflects our hugely diverse community and industry. We therefore actively work to encourage and support employee diversity across Optimal Workshop.