Wellington, New Zealand
Are you passionate about design, brand and marketing? Love the beauty of your craft? Want to hone your skills while working in a UX research software company that truly values empathetic design in all its forms? We’re looking for a hands-on marketing designer to join our team. You’ll have a fluent understanding of what makes great visual design and a curiosity that drives you to experiment, collaborate, learn new skills, and seek out feedback to make your design better.
We’re looking for someone with the following:
- 3+ years experience in visual design, with a focus on UI, marketing, brand, graphic, illustration and/or outputs.
- Experience creating easy to use brand guidelines and documentation.
- Experience in print design and production
- Experience in digital design and production
- An ability to work collaboratively with developers on digital marketing projects.
- An understanding of conversion rate optimization, applied through principles of web design.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- A love for crafting great design with an expert eye for detail.
- An ability to prototype and test out your ideas with others, caring about usability and accessibility.
- A desire to grow by seeking constructive feedback and providing it in return;
- Keeps up to date with visual communication trends over time,
- A passion of all things UX.
- A growth mindset, willing to experiment, learn and adapt alongside a fast-growing company.
- A curious, proactive and friendly manner.
Bonus points if you have experience with some the following:
- Photography and art direction.
- Motion design and production.
- Experience navigating and updating a CMS (We use WordPress).
- An understanding of basic HTML & CSS
On any given day you could be:
- Bringing joy and playfulness into our customer’s lives
- Crafting designs that align with our brand strategy and organisation culture
- Communicating with our customers (and potential customers) through design on a variety of platforms
- Working collaboratively in a passionate team of marketers, developers, and designers
- Implementing beautiful designs that sparks joy throughout the entire customer experience.
- Turning visions and strategic requirements into concepts
- Striving for a highly usable and engaging end-to-end user experience
- Ensuring that our brand assets align with our brand strategy
- Educating non-designers in when, where, why and how to use brand assets
- Applying strategic thinking and demonstrating awareness of business goals
- Socializing and implementing best practices for marketing and brand design, leveraging industry standards
- Supporting the team at Optimal Workshop with their design requirements.
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and accessibility experience are preferred but not essential. Ultimately, we are looking for an amazing person first – not just a list of bullet points. In exchange for your skills, we will provide you with the tools you need, the work environment you crave, the best colleagues, professional development and a smorgasbord of office dogs to pat.
Note: This is not a remote opportunity. Due to Covid 19 border restrictions, candidates are required to be based in, and legal to work in New Zealand.