Information Technology Support Specialist
Wellington, New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 100 countries and in over 70 languages worldwide.
The Information Technology Support Specialist is responsible for the instruction, guidance and technical support for Optimal Workshop teams. To deliver and support IT enabled systems through efficient management of the service desk, administration of core tools and services and continual improvement efforts — promoting agile practices via service delivery.
- Management and operation of the service desk by providing Tier 1-2 support. Focusing on timely delivery, prioritizing requests according to business impact, whilst promoting a delightful and approachable experience for our team.
- Understand internal customer’s needs and business context to provide outstanding support and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- IT asset and inventory management — maintain key inventories of our operational IT assets and infrastructure. Ensure that repositories are up to date and auditable whilst promoting transparency and ease of access for relevant stakeholders.
- Availability to provide direct support as required to support IT or other related incidents — this may include work outside of standard business hours.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of technology and security trends to best support Optimal Workshop people and assets.
- Develop and maintain an internal knowledge base to support IT enabled processes. Making this documentation accessible and relevant to our ever evolving SaaS stack.
- Support Optimal’s people with training opportunities to upskill others in best practice of our tools and services.
- Escalate service requests and risk to the appropriate stakeholders as and when required.
- Maintain and demonstrate compliance with all written security policies and change management controls and assist with quarterly audits of user access to key systems.
- Actively contribute to the Joiners, Movers & Leavers process inc. supporting the onboarding and offboarding of Optimal Workshop team-members.
- Assist with implementation of new systems as needed to support evolving processes and critically evaluate our use of systems with an eye for continual improvement.
Technical Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- Exceptional ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks, especially Mac OS and SaaS products.
- Ability to determine IT needs and train end-users.
- Proficiency in IT help desk best-practices.
- Experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of database maintenance and system security.
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
People and Culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and is committed to continual self-improvement, with a focus on growth and performance.
- Engages as needed in the scoping, recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Demonstrates commitment to cross squad and team communication, collaboration and
- Upholds the principles of and models the behaviours of The Optimal Way championing the
- Optimal Workshop culture and living and breathing our values:
- Approachable – We’re here when you need us and love a silly question. We give people the tools and knowledge they need to get stuff done and grow. We’re exclusively inclusive because we care!.
- Bold – We’re not afraid to do things differently and make a few mistakes along the way. We take ownership of opportunities and find the courage to forge a better path.
- Curious – We’re insatiably curious, just like our customers. We prove hunches with
- data and follow our instincts. We put people at the heart of everything we do.
- Actively works to encourage and support employee diversity across Optimal Workshop.
Note: This is not a remote opportunity. Due to Covid 19 border restrictions, candidates are required to be based in, and legal to work in New Zealand.