Demand Generation Manager
Wellington, New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 132 countries and in over 80 languages worldwide.
As the Demand Generation Manager, you’ll be a critical member of the marketing team, responsible for creating interest in and excitement for, OW’s products and services. An internal linchpin – this role is pivotal to the success of our ‘land and expand’ growth model – to both attract and retain customers, as well as drive revenue.
As our Demand Generation Manager you will oversee all of the marketing tactics used to develop and cultivate long-term customer relationships including retention and upsell strategies. You will use your well-honed skills and strategic knowledge to help users adopt OW freemium products and transition into paying customers. You will work across website development, advertising and direct campaigns, product launches, community building and new market entry activity, while continuing to fine-tune our end-to-end customer experience. Your mission is to give OW a competitive edge at every touchpoint in the customer journey.
What success looks like
Demand generation leadership
- Develop, maintain and execute demand generation plans aligned with business goals
- Develop a deep understanding of OW’s brand, ideal customer profiles, products and buyer journeys, championing them internally
- Create personas tied to specific customer needs and preferences – translating that behaviour into revenue outcomes
- Assisting in content strategy and development to target users throughout the customer lifecycle – ensuring the right content reaches the right part of the sales funnel at the right time
- Work closely with other squads in Product and Revenue tribes to build cross-functional cohesion in supporting both self-service and sales-supported growth models including programs for account based campaigns.
- Continuously identifying new markets and advertising tactics to encourage business growth across all – not just owned – channels, including social media
- Work closely with the Marketing Automation Specialist to leverage automation and lead management to streamline and optimise all marketing tasks and workflows.
- Working across the Marketing Squad to develop and execute short- and long-term multi-channel campaigns to drive freemium sign-ups, identify leads and grow the sales pipeline
- Leading A/B testing strategies across all channels – working closely with the Marketing Automation specialist and Content Manager for best-practice execution
- Continuously monitoring and optimising campaigns and programs – online and offline
Reporting and analytics
- Measure, analyse and report campaign and marketing success (or failure) – interpreting the results into actionable outcomes for continuous improvement
- Present your insights, ideas and initiatives to stakeholders to ensure buying and budget support
- Delivering easily understood performance reports to the Senior Leadership Team and other squads you work with
- Proven demand generation and/or in relevant digital and acquisition marketing experience – including traffic generation and ad operations, lead nurturing and pipeline acceleration programs
- Expert in Google Ads, ideally backed by experience across Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and/or Facebook Advertising Suites. Highly proficient in Google Analytics and Studio, with knowledge of other relevant digital software applications. Experience with Salesforce and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud an advantage
- Data and results-driven mindset with a deep understanding of SaaS B2B marketing, performance optimisation, SEO and SEM optimisation and PPC strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high degree of initiative, with the ability to work in and across teams – backed by relationship-building, influencing and negotiating skills
- Can demonstrate past analytical and critical thinking that result in valuable business insights and outcomes
- High attention to detail and great organisational skills with the ability to project manage multiple objectives at once in a fast-paced environment.
People and Culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and is committed to continual self-improvement, with a focus on growth and performance.
- Engages as needed in the scoping, recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Demonstrates commitment to cross squad and team communication, collaboration and connectivity.
- Upholds the principles of and models the behaviours of The Optimal Way championing the Optimal Workshop culture and living and breathing our values:
- Approachable – We’re here when you need us and love a silly question. We give people the tools and knowledge they need to get stuff done and grow. We’re exclusively inclusive because we care!.
- Bold – We’re not afraid to do things differently and make a few mistakes along the way. We take ownership of opportunities and find the courage to forge a better path.
- Curious – We’re insatiably curious, just like our customers. We prove hunches with data and follow our instincts. We put people at the heart of everything we do.
We believe building diversity at Optimal Workshop enhances our workplace and helps us drive the success of our business. It not only provides us with a broad range of perspectives that leads to healthy discussion and better decisions, but it also means our workforce better reflects our hugely diverse community and industry. We therefore actively work to encourage and support employee diversity across Optimal Workshop.