Content Marketing Manager
Wellington, New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 100 countries and in over 70 languages worldwide.
You love content. You’re a skilled writer, editor and content strategist with the ability to lead the written and aural brand identity for OW. As Our Content Marketing Manager you will create and deliver innovative content that informs, engages and influences our internal and external audiences. You always have the needs of the customer in mind when creating content and can switch from thinking about micro-copy interactions in a product to cross-platform customer journey content strategies.
As a part of your methodology, you are comfortable with designing and running research with customers and tying your work back to an overarching, improved user experience. Delivery sits at the heart of your work ethos with an innate ability to manage complex content projects across multiple stakeholders, disciplines and suppliers.
In this role, you will be taking the lead in developing, executing and managing content across many different channels, from email marketing to social media, videos, web content and thought leadership editorial – aligned with our marketing goals.
- Ownership of the Optimal Workshop non-visual brand including writing style guide; champion and manage the socialisation, uptake and application of this internally and externally.
- Overall editorial oversight of all content – spoken (video/podcast) as well as written content and content embedded in the product.
- To lead the Crux editorial channels including magazine and podcast programme.
- Project management of content production across all channels from briefing to success metrics; this will include management of any contractors or agencies engaged in delivery.
- Lead content provider working on content delivery for projects to establish the style, frameworks, requirements or simply to maintain a working relationship with the brand.
- Responsibility for the selection and management of any freelance writers including quality control of output.
- Champion design thinking by running different types of content related tests and customer research to bring new, relevant insights and data to the decision table.
- Help embed content design into Optimal Workshop’s holistic design system to support the customer experience and ensure consistency through tone, voice and terminology.
- Develop, create and promote content strategies across different customer product journeys.
- Advocate for inclusive design principles and diversity across all content development, especially when it comes to accessibility.
- Understand the technology required to manage content in today’s environment and contribute to the design of these systems to ensure smart content distribution.
- Work closely with other designers and members of cross-functional teams to produce better human experiences across Optimal Workshop’s product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of business genres including in-product, social, video, editorial and broadcast skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively across multiple product teams.
- A developed understanding of the many facets of content design and design thinking.
- Proficiency in project management, planning, communication and presentation, including an aptitude for convincing others of the value of their ideas.
- Experience leading content strategy and content design activities and projects.
- Confidence with a range of existing digital tools, whilst being open to new technologies.
- Good understanding of design systems and their application.
- Comfort designing and facilitating fit-for-purpose customer research to inform your (and your team’s) work.
- Great work ethic, proactive and positive mindset.
Marketing Faculty responsibilities
- Work with the Marketing Faculty (as well as other disciplines across the company) to set, implement and maintain the overall content strategy of Optimal Workshop’s product.
- Create and uphold content policies, standards, and guidelines including ownership of the written style guide and tone of voice for the brand
- Train content contributors, reviewers, and managers.
- Establish metrics for success.