Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
Wellington, New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 100 countries and in over 70 languages worldwide.
As Chief Revenue Officer you lead and facilitate our future revenue growth, aiming high, delivering accurate revenue projections, aligning teams, and creating the best possible customer experience.
- Delivery of OW’s strategic priorities and business performance, scaling, and growth objectives, whilst ensuring Tribes are aligned.
- Company wide leadership which aligns to the OW leadership ethos and supports OW’s vision, values and culture. Will include actively communicating, influencing and supporting the other Chiefs with the overall aim of creating a high performing team and organisation.
- Proactively gather insights from and for OW to inform vision, strategy, plans, culture and operations.
- Support the CEO, including with the vision and capital planning.
- Develop and execute revenue-related strategies including pricing, positioning, partnerships, linked to overall company strategy.
- Identify target customer markets, evaluate market trends including in the product industry, and develop competition strategies.
- With CPO, collaborate on strategic marketing and budgeting decisions.
- Build and lead the revenue group to execute on the company & revenue strategy.
- Identify and remove roadblocks that impede the group’s ability to execute strategy.
- Leads Growth Squad marketing and onboarding (free to paid).
- Leads Customer support and success at OW ensuring we deliver a high level of service and a good response time to all our customers.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of great business development partnerships at OW e.g. Channel sales, partner development, integration partners.
People and Culture
- Consistent with OW’s broader culture, develop and nurture a high performing, customer-obsessed culture that is focused on revenue enablement, automation, excellent customer service, and continuous learning.
- With Practice Coaches and PX generally, supports individuals’ development in the Revenue and Marketing groups.
- Working with Practice Coaches and PX generally, actively cares for members of the Revenue and Marketing groups.
- Engages as needed in the scoping, recruitment and onboarding of new Revenue group members, working to ensure the Revenue group has the appropriate capability and resourcing.
- Consults, supports and collaborates with the Faculties.
- Identifies and helps to manage conflict and performance issues with PX for people in the Revenue group.
- Builds an appropriate Account Experience commission structure.
- Drives cross squad and tribe collaboration and connectivity.
- Upholds the principles of and models the behaviours of the Optimal Way.
- Accountable for the overall operation and performance of the Revenue and Marketing groups, working with others in the group to ensure the group’s effectiveness and efficiency and the delivery of the Revenue and Marketing group’s strategies and objectives.
- Produce annual revenue forecasts and targets, updated and rolled quarterly to reflect product progress, external context, capacity, and pipelines.
- Oversees and manages the budget for the Revenue and Marketing groups and related faculties.
- Responsible for Revenue and Marketing groups reporting as required, including to the Board.
- Coordinate activities to increase customer acquisition, expansion, retention and enhance our brand reputation.
- Accountable for OW’s revenue growth, customer success, support and revenue related project work.
- Accountable for sales management and revenue processes e.g. pipeline/leads, account planning, proposals and management.
- Accountable for pricing, packaging, sales positioning, and delivery at OW.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing revenue pipelines of each revenue stream to determine in advance the level of risk and what adjustments should be made in order to accelerate revenue and minimise potential revenue churn.
- Any other duties as necessary in the effective performance of the role, or as reasonably directed.