Wellington, New Zealand
Optimal Workshop is building discovery tools for crafting better human experiences. Our software is used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 100 countries and in over 70 languages worldwide.
Ensure that Optimal Workshop processes all financial transactions accurately and on time.
Support the Finance team and Finance Manager in the following tasks:
- Focus on continual improvement including ongoing review of accounting procedures.
- Manage obligations to suppliers, customers and third-party vendors.
- Process bank deposits.
- Reconcile financial statements.
- Prepare, send and process invoices.
- Contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments.
- Identify and address discrepancies.
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable.
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets.
Technical Competencies/Core Skills
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Administrator or similar role.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets).
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
- Good organizational and time-management abilities.
- Qualification in Finance, Accounting or relevant field.
People and Culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and is committed to continual self-improvement, with a focus on growth and performance.
- Engages as needed in the scoping, recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Demonstrates commitment to cross squad and team communication, collaboration and connectivity.
- Upholds the principles of and models the behaviours of The Optimal Way championing the Optimal Workshop culture and living and breathing our values:
- Approachable – We’re here when you need us and love a silly question. We give people the tools and knowledge they need to get stuff done and grow. We’re exclusively inclusive because we care!.
- Bold – We’re not afraid to do things differently and make a few mistakes along the way. We take ownership of opportunities and find the courage to forge a better path.
- Curious – We’re insatiably curious, just like our customers. We prove hunches with data and follow our instincts. We put people at the heart of everything we do.
- Actively works to encourage and support employee diversity across Optimal Workshop.
We believe building diversity at Optimal Workshop enhances our workplace and helps us drive the success of our business. It not only provides us with a broad range of perspectives that leads to healthy discussion and better decisions, but it also means our workforce better reflects our hugely diverse community and industry. We therefore actively work to encourage and support employee diversity across Optimal Workshop. We expect that you will:
- be an active, positive, kind and contributing member to the diverse community that makes up Optimal Workshop’s workforce;
- participate in diversity initiatives and be an advocate for the awesome differences that make Optimal Workshop a fantastic place to work.
Note: This is not a remote opportunity. Due to Covid 19 border restrictions, candidates are required to be based in, and legal to work in New Zealand.