Integrating with a participant panel
Note: You'll need a paid subscription in order to use this feature.
If your participants are being supplied by a participant panel, you'll want to be able to identify that the participants have actually completed the survey correctly. This is generally achieved by passing a unique identifier for each participant generated by the panel into the survey, and then back out again at the end.
Passing an identifying string into your survey
Optimal Workshop survey URLs take the form
To pass in an identifier from the panel, add the query parameter "token=XXXXX" to the end of the survey URL. So, in the case of a treejack survey, it might look like this:
In this case, the 12345 needs to be provided by your panel.
Redirecting back to the panel once the participant has completed
On the "Access" tab of the survey setup page is a text field for entering a post-survey redirect. To insert the token that was passed in at the beginning of the survey, use the text "[ID]" as part of the redirect.
As an example, if you enter this url into the post-survey redirect field:
When your survey is completed, assuming the participant was given the identifier "12345" by the panel, they would be redirected to
We don't have any way of turning away participants who fit a certain demographic once a certain number of results for that demographic have already been collected.
- What is the maximum number of participants that can respond to my survey?
- How are Treejack scores calculated?
- How do I import a Treejack tree from Excel or another spreadsheet application?
- Treejack Webinar with Dave O'Brien - January 2011 (getting started)
- Treejack Webinar with Dave O'Brien - January 2011 (advanced)
- View all (1 more)
- How can I see who has completed my survey so far?
- What are the limitations of a free Optimal Workshop account?
- Is Optimal Workshop Section 508 (Accessibility) Compliant?
- Are the Optimal Workshop applications available in my language?
- How do pre-survey and post-survey questionnaires work?
- View all (12 more)