How do I add cards to an OptimalSort survey?
There are two ways to prepare your OptimalSort survey cards - using a spreadsheet, or by entering them directly into the text box on the OptimalSort Cards tab.
Use the text editor on the OptimalSort Cards tab
To add cards to your OptimalSort survey directly, just type them one-by-one into the text box on the OptimalSort Cards tab. You'll find the Cards tab by creating a new OptimalSort survey (or by clicking on the name of a survey the surveys list) and clicking "Cards".
Type each card on a new line. You can add an
optional description to a card by entering your card in the
“card title | card
description”. An example group of cards might look
Apple Banana Broccolini | a green vegetable similar to broccoli with long, thin stalks. Pear Cabbage Cauliflower
Copy and Paste from a spreadsheet
To add cards from a spreadsheet, you'll need to copy and paste two spreadsheet columns into the text box on the OptimalSort Cards tab. The first column will be your card names, and the second column will be your card descriptions. When you paste into the text box, a pipe “|” character will automatically be added between the card titles and descriptions.
Here's what your cards might look like in the
And here's what they’ll look like after you copy and
paste them into the text box:
Adding cards to a live survey
Once your survey has been launched, you won’t be able to add more cards. To add cards to a survey once it is live, you will need to duplicate the survey and edit the duplicate.
- What is the maximum number of participants that can respond to my survey?
- How are Treejack scores calculated?
- How do I import a Treejack tree from Excel or another spreadsheet application?
- Treejack Webinar with Dave O'Brien - January 2011 (getting started)
- Treejack Webinar with Dave O'Brien - January 2011 (advanced)
- View all (1 more)
- How can I see who has completed my survey so far?
- What are the limitations of a free Optimal Workshop account?
- Is Optimal Workshop Section 508 (Accessibility) Compliant?
- Are the Optimal Workshop applications available in my language?
- How do pre-survey and post-survey questionnaires work?
- View all (10 more)