Do Optimal Sort results show the respondents' IP addresses?

David More

29 Nov, 2010 11:42 PM

I need a way to match respondents linking from our recruitment questionnaire to Optimal Sort. IP address would be ideal.

Alternatively, can you capture the URL of the referring page?

Cheers
David

1. 2 Posted by Evan on 29 Nov, 2010 11:54 PM

Hi David,

We capture the IP address. You will find it in the OptimalSort raw data results download.

Also, if you provide a custom url parameter 'i', e.g.:

https://optexp.optimalworkshop.com/optimalsort/mysurvey?i=1234

This will be stored as the 'login_entry' for your participant. This might be a better option for you.

When you're setting up a survey, you shouldn't combine the url parameter with a 'Participant Identification' type, because the url parameter will over-ride the standard identifier. Just choose 'Anonymous' when setting that up on the access tab. If you also need to collect an email address or some other identifier, you will want to collect that using a pre-survey questionnaire question, rather than the 'Email address' participant identifier.

If this is all getting a bit confusing, just let me know and I'll give you a call to discuss your options.

Cheers,
    Evan

2. 3 Posted by David More on 29 Nov, 2010 11:56 PM

Great! Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, 30 November 2010 10:54 AM
    To: David More
    Subject: Re: Do Optimal Sort results show the respondents' IP addresses? [Questions]

3. 4 Posted by Evan on 30 Nov, 2010 12:27 AM

Thanks as in "call me" or Thanks as in, "you've answered all my possible questions with your concise yet comprehensive response" ? ;)

Anyway if you do want me to get in touch, just send your phone number through to evan @optimalworkshop.com

Cheers!
    Evan

4. 5 Posted by David More on 30 Nov, 2010 12:32 AM

Sorry, that was "Thanks, you've concisely and promptly answered all the questions I have at the moment and I'll only need to get back to you if anything else crops up" :)

BTW if this goes ahead I'll write it up as a "how to screen and segment your Optimal Workshop respondents" case study.

Sent: Tuesday, 30 November 2010 11:27 AM
    Subject: Re: Do Optimal Sort results show the respondents' IP addresses? [Questions]

5. 6 Posted by Evan on 30 Nov, 2010 12:52 AM

Legend! We launched a new feature on Monday which allows you to filter the automated results stuff (dendrograms etc) based on answers to pre and/or post survey questions. It's not complete yet but we have another release coming next Monday which will bring it up to 99% completeness.

Thanks for your support.

6. 7 Posted by David More on 30 Nov, 2010 01:07 AM

Perfect! We'll probably be able to try it out.

Sent: Tuesday, 30 November 2010 11:53 AM

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac