Chalkmark Heatmap Filter

Jess

25 Oct, 2010 01:33 AM

Hello,

Just wondering if there is a way to see a chalkmark heatmap for just a subset of participants? If not, do you know of a tool that will take your data and re-create the heatmap?

I've also noticed some formatting issues in my heatmaps, where the percentage label is cut off from view - is there a way to edit?

Thanks much!

1. 2 Posted by Evan on 25 Oct, 2010 10:07 PM

Hi Jess,

Unfortunately the only way to partition the results right now is to delete the participants you don't want. However, selective results viewing is something that we are hoping to implement really soon. I don't know of any other tools that can produce a heatmap from our Chalkmark data.

In terms of the heatmap labels, that is another pain point for us in Chalkmark. The label positioning is somewhat random, so while this is a less than ideal solution, you can actually just refresh the page and the labels may not overlap anymore :\
    That is something else we will approach in the future, but there is not yet a date on that.

Thanks again,
    Evan

2. Evan closed this discussion on 25 Oct, 2010 10:07 PM.

3. Jessica Buttimer re-opened this discussion on 25 Oct, 2010 10:14 PM

4. 3 Posted by Jessica Buttimer on 25 Oct, 2010 10:14 PM

Ouch, ok.

Any chance you can split the data for me, behind the scenes, based on participant IDs I would provide?

Or, perhaps make 2 duplicates of my results, so I can delete 1 profile from 1 copy and the other profile from the other copy?

Jess

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 5:09 PM
    To: Jessica Buttimer
    Subject: Re: Chalkmark Heatmap Filter [Questions]

5. 4 Posted by Evan on 25 Oct, 2010 10:20 PM

Hi Jess,

There is a couple of things I can do here. Email me with a description of
    the participant subset that you want separated (e.g. participant IDs or some
    other criteria): [email blocked]

In the mean time, duplicate the survey and set the duplicate to "Live". I
    will move some participants over to that new survey, so I will need to know
    the web address of the survey you are moving them from (the existing one)
    and the survey you are moving them to (the new duplicate).

We will get it sorted.

Cheers,
    Evan

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Jessica Buttimer <
    [email blocked]<tender%[email blocked]>
    > wrote:

6. 5 Posted by Kim Grimley on 02 Dec, 2010 09:38 PM

I agree, I was hoping to be able to see who clicked where. I'd also like to see the number of clicks in addition (or let us choose) percentages or # of clicks. Depending on the size of the event could decide how to display it. Thanks!

7. 6 Posted by Evan on 06 Dec, 2010 12:54 AM

Hi guys,

As of this morning it's possible to view a subset of your participants on the Chalkmark heatmaps. Just use the filtering features that we've added to the Participants table. We are rolling this out across all three apps (so far we've done OptimalSort and Chalkmark). If you have any issues getting started, let me know and I will be happy to help.

As for improving the heatmap visualisation itself, we have some really great stuff in prototype stage and we're hoping to get it into production asap. We have a fair bit of interaction design work to do, but I'm personally hoping to see it launched this month.

Thanks for your patience - great stuff coming!

Regards,
    Evan

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac