Can I use Chalkmark to test mutliple versions of a page

Gwyneth

11 Jul, 2012 11:23 PM

Typically I may want to test a potential change to a page against the current page design. Is it possible to set up a chalktest test that does A/B testing of 2 or more versions of a page? If not, how would you recommend testing this?

1. 2 Posted by Gwyneth on 11 Jul, 2012 11:30 PM

I see (from your Knowledge Base) that I sort of do this - but only if my Chalkmark test only tests 1 page. I'd could set up 2 tasks with the exact same question but each with a different version of the screen design. And then set the test up to ask each user just 1 question of the 2 questions. This would allow me to to do an A/B test for a single page.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to do a series of pages (with A/B tests for each page) which is what I would prefer to do so would still appreciate suggestions about that.

2. 3 Posted by William on 12 Jul, 2012 02:02 AM

Hi Gwyneth,

We don't have any logic baked into the application that allow you to perform this kind of logic. However, here's a suggestion:

If you have a paid subscription, you can redirect at the end of one survey to the beginning of another survey. You could use this feature to chain together several single-task A/B tests set up in the way you described above. You can read more about chaining surveys together here.

The only downside to this approach using Chalkmark would be that you wouldn't have one place to look at all your results; since each page would have its own survey, your results might be a bit harder to analyze. But if you were only interested in each A/B test separately, it might not be such a problem.

Hope this helps - let me know if you need anything clarified.

3. 4 Posted by Gwyneth on 12 Jul, 2012 02:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn't considered redirecting surveys from one to the next. That could do the trick. Thanks!

4. William closed this discussion on 18 Jul, 2012 11:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac