Treejack - Encountered Tasks Count is Low

Feedback Central

30 Sep, 2010 02:48 PM

I had 10 people complete my Treejack test. In my downloaded spreadsheet, the rows for Encountered Treejack Task and Attempted Treejack tasks have 7, 8, and 9 for each of my three tasks.

So everyone who encountered the tasks attempted them - but why didn't all 10 of my users encounter all 3 tasks?

1. 2 Posted by Evan on 01 Oct, 2010 04:59 AM

Hi there,

I think this is a bug. But it looks to me (on the surface) as though the problem is actually that the "Surveys Completed" count is incorrect, rather than the tasks encountered. Surveys Completed shouldn't be showing as 100%. It looks like one participant was excluded due to skip rate, and then two more abandoned the survey (closed their browser without finishing it). We will look into this more and get back to you asap.

Cheers,
    Evan

2. 3 Posted by Quicken Loans Feedback Central on 01 Oct, 2010 12:35 PM

Thanks for looking into it Evan. I did remove one response that said abandoned, because the participant had come back and submitted a completed test. I don't know where to look to know if 2 people closed their browser without finishing. So I'm a little confused. Hopefully your reply will give me a little more clarity.

Thanks

Cora Cowles
    Reality Check Provider
    Quicken Loans
    1050 Woodward
    Detroit, MI 48226
    Direct - 313.373.3025
    Fax - 877.382.3535
    www.quickenloans.com
    www.quickenloansfeedbackcentral.com

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 1:02 AM
    To: Quicken Loans Feedback Central
    Subject: Re: Treejack - Encountered Tasks Count is Low [Questions]

3. 4 Posted by Evan on 02 Oct, 2010 04:36 AM

Hi Cora,

"Abandoned" in the participant table means that the participant closed their browser before completing the survey. So from looking at your survey, 10 participants started the survey, one was excluded due to skip rate, and each of the three tasks was completed 9, 8 and 7 times respectively. That signifies that of the 9 participants (ignoring the one which skipped too many tasks and so was excluded), one of them bailed after their first task, and another one bailed after their second task.

This is all made very confusing by the single fact that the "Surveys Completed" statistic is apparently incorrect. Apologies but I haven't had a chance to get one of our developers to look at this yet. We will be on to it asap and I will get back to you.

Cheers,
    Evan

4. 5 Posted by Evan on 02 Oct, 2010 05:44 AM

Hi again Cora,

Just had a look at your participants table, and I can see why you're confused. Some of the participants are not showing as 'abandoned' even though their number of completed tasks + skipped tasks doesn't add up to the total number of tasks they would have been shown if they had have made it to the end of the survey. You can ignore my previous comments in this case because it looks like there is a problem occurring that we need to investigate.

Once again, I will need to get back to you (hopefully quickly) regarding the problem, once we have had a chance to look into it more.

Thanks,
    Evan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac