Chalkmark

Amanda Roach

14 Jun, 2012 01:50 PM

Hi there
I am a little confused. Does Chalkmark allow me to track where my participant would go throughout all pages of a given task (i.e. a multi-page journey) or does it only allow me to measure where they would click when landing on an individual/first page of a journey? I am unsure how I can evaluate whether or not a task would be successfull unless I can see where they eventually end up. Alternatively, is it simply that I have to design a task that would be answered via one click to a next level page?
Many thanks
Amanda

1. 2 Posted by William on 15 Jun, 2012 12:30 AM

Hi Amanda,

Chalkmark is designed primarily for First Impression testing. So it's not for evaluating how successful a participant would be at navigating your entire website to complete a task, but how successful a single page would be at helping your participants go to the next step of the task.

This is especially important in the design of your homepage. Research has shown that when users' first click is down the right path, 87% eventually succeed. When they click down an incorrect path, only 46% eventually succeed.

So to answer your question: I wouldn't worry about designing your tasks so that the answer is the next level down.

If you're looking to test an entire navigation structure end-to-end, you might be interested in our other tool, Treejack. Treejack is for testing the organizational structure of your website separate from the visual design.

I hope this helps; if anything needs clarifying let me know.

Thanks
    William

2. William closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2012 10:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac