Assigning items to intermediate levels in TreeJack

rfrost

24 Aug, 2010 11:44 PM

In TreeJack, the "I'd Find it Here" button does not appear until the survey user has reached the end node on a tree branch. As such, the user can not assign an item to any category between the top level and the bottom level. Is there any way to make the "I'd find it here" button appear on a node before the end of the branch is reached (e.g. a landing page)?

1. 2 Posted by Evan on 26 Aug, 2010 06:57 AM

Hi there,

No this isn't possible - that is an intentional design decision. It sounds like you may get the best results by trimming out the lower levels of your IA for the purposes of the initial tree test; you could individually test those lower levels later if you thought it necessary. In your example, it might be that the landing page should be the end node for the sake of this test.

However, keep in mind that you will be provided with a full record of the paths that your participants took, so you will be able to see how many participants travelled via a certain parent node.

If you would like me to take a look at your proposed tree and tasks to make any recommendations on the tree setup, just email [email blocked].

Cheers,
    Evan

2. 3 Posted by Sree Bhandaram on 13 Feb, 2012 08:23 PM

Evan,

I have a similar problem, I'm using TreeJack to verify a sitemap. In the attached screenshot, as a solution to one of my tasks, I would want people to click on the About node and expect to find the "I'd find it here" button. The reason for this is that each page in the tree has different content. Is there a workaround or a setting that lets me use an intermediate node as a solution node?

Thanks,
    Sree

3. 4 Posted by William on 15 Feb, 2012 10:41 PM

Hi Sree,

We've written an answer explaining why Treejack doesn't allow you to select intermediate nodes here: http://www.optimalworkshop.com/help/kb/treejack/why-cant-i-select-s...

The short answer is that "About" is the page, and that the subsections in the tree are pieces of content on the page. You can either specify that all subsections of the "About" page are correct, or you can remove the subsections entirely so that "About" is only possible answer.

I hope this helps - let me know if anything needs clarification.

Thanks
    William

4. 5 Posted by Sree Bhandaram (Fathom Creative) on 16 Feb, 2012 10:03 PM

Sree Bhandaram (Fathom Creative)'s Avatar

Thanks William, I did look at the response and have changed the tree accordingly.

5. William closed this discussion on 06 Mar, 2012 11:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac