How to improve Treejack performance?

tiffanya

28 Jul, 2010 01:35 AM

Hi there
We've found treejack can be pretty sluggish over some client networks (particularly government or large corporates) which I assume has something to do with proxy servers and the like (sorry, i'm not technical!). I appreciate this is environmental but wonder if there is an 'optimal' setup for treejack. For example, would you recommend to keep surveys to a maximum number of tasks? Does the number of correct pathways or size of the tree have any impact on performance?
Cheers
Tiffany

1. 2 Posted by Evan on 28 Jul, 2010 02:30 AM

Hi Tiffany,

There isn't any way of boosting the performance in this case - it is probably being caused by a network issue.

However, we are working on a Treejack improvement project right now, and I'm going to make an effort to make sure that we improve the network performance to the greatest extent possible. This will have an especially significant impact on survey participants that work from behind a corporate firewall.

Thanks for your email - this type of feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Evan

2. 3 Posted by Brian Lamb on 20 Mar, 2012 10:31 AM

Hi tiffany

I think I am experiencing this problem as well. I have a lot of errors from participants with pages timing out or failing to load in a large corporation. I have a private thread opened with Ross on this, but your summary of the problem looks like it might be close to what is happening. Can anyone summarise the effect of proxy servers in simple terms I could feedback to my customer? This would be a great help in communicating why the problem is occuring.

Brian

3. 4 Posted by Christian on 20 Mar, 2012 02:13 PM

Hi,
    i am experiencing this problem too.

4. Ross closed this discussion on 02 Dec, 2012 11:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac