Modifying Questionnaire Instructions

suzanne.bohay

16 Feb, 2012 01:46 PM

Would it be possible to edit the instructions on filling out the questionnaire? We can edit the instructions for completing the tasks but not for the questionnaire. Not only do we want to create our own instructions but the French instructions for the questionnaire are not correct. If you cannot allow us to edit that section, can we send you the proper phrase for French Canada?
Thank you.

1. 2 Posted by William on 17 Feb, 2012 03:23 AM

Hi Suzanne,

If you've got an amended translation, please send it through. We'll update it immediately.

There's currently no way to insert your own custom instructions for the questionnaire, mostly because we didn't intend it to be used as a serious survey tool in its own right. Yours isn't the first request for this, though, so we're definitely considering including it in future.

Best regards
    William

2. 3 Posted by suzanne.bohay on 21 Feb, 2012 02:26 PM

We found a way to add extra instructions before the questionnaire!
    Create a question, select one of the multiple choice options, and put 'no' multiple choice data. It then posts just the text without any answer boxes.

I have sent the text that we can't change from the French questionnaire page to our official government translators so you can be sure to have the proper 'French Canadian' text.

Thanks for your help!
    Suzanne.

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ross on 22 Feb, 2012 12:10 AM

Hi Suzanne,

Unfortunately you're work around for displaying extra instructions before the questionnaire won't work. Although this approach appears to work fine in previews, if you attempt to launch it will fail because the question has no question options. Hopefully once you supply us with the correct translation for the questionnaire instructions this will no longer be an issue.

Regards,
    Ross

4. 5 Posted by suzanne.bohay on 24 Feb, 2012 01:57 PM

Lesson learned, one should always launch a test session. I've instead added the free text field and will suggest to our team that we start out with asking for some feedback.

5. 6 Posted by suzanne.bohay on 24 Feb, 2012 04:13 PM

I have a new suggested change for the French intro to the questions. It is less tongue tying.

Bientôt terminé.
    Finalement, prière de répondre aux questions suivantes.

6. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ross on 26 Feb, 2012 09:14 PM

Hi Suzanne,

I've made the alteration to the translation you suggested. Good luck with our survey.

Regards,
    Ross

7. 8 Posted by suzanne.bohay on 12 Mar, 2012 03:28 PM

Thank you Ross,
    We've also translated the instructions in full including the images. Feel free to grab whatever you need for the Canadian French version from the following survey: https://transportcanada.optimalworkshop.com/treejack/utilisabilite_.... I've also attached a png file of all the images if that helps.

8. Support Staff 9 Posted by Ross on 12 Mar, 2012 09:04 PM

Thanks Suzanne. We're looking to make some improvements to our instructions soon, so this may be quite helpful!

Regards,
    Ross

9. Ross closed this discussion on 22 May, 2012 11:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac