Statistics for Standarized Categories

Veronica

26 Jan, 2012 11:28 PM

Hello,

Is it possible to see the statistics for the standardized categories within the online tools of the OptimalSort?

They can be generated with the excel template + raw data that I downloaded but I can't find the same in the online environment. My main concerned is that I have already standardized the categories online, and I'd like to avoid having to re-do the whole work when the OptimalSort already knows the standardized categories.

Thanks,
Veronica

1. 2 Posted by William on 27 Jan, 2012 01:38 AM

Hi Veronica,

What are you looking for specifically? We're pretty sure the online tools give you everything you can get with the old spreadsheet data. If there is something in the spreadsheet that you can't get with the online tools, we'd like to correct it.

In the meantime, though, we've already made a "standardized data" download available that you can use instead of the normal raw data spreadsheet so that you don't have to re-do all of the work of standardizing your categories.

2. 3 Posted by Veronica on 03 Feb, 2012 12:00 AM

I was looking for the "participants who used this category" (# of participants) and the "agreement" value.

I haven't seen them in the online tool.

3. 4 Posted by Lacey Kruger on 03 Feb, 2012 09:15 PM

I am struggling with something similar. I've pulled down all of the spreadsheets b/c I'm used to the format of the data in them. I did all of my standardization online though and am not able to import that data into my spreadsheet. I've pulled down the "standardized data" download but it's missing any fields that would allow me to correlate that data with the raw data. it needs to include the original category label (along with the standardized one) and/or the card position numbers should match up. it's quite a headache!

4. 5 Posted by William on 07 Feb, 2012 03:03 AM

Veronica,

The "participants who used this category" number not being available in the online results is an oversight. As a workaround, you can click the "+" on the left hand side of the row to see a list of the original category labels.

As for the agreement score, it looks like that calculation was removed from the online results. I'll need to look into it to see if that's the case and if so what the reason was before I get back to you.

Lacey,

The standardization data spreadsheet need a little bit of massaging inside the analysis template - it can't be used identically to the raw data.

Import the standardized data into the analysis template as if it were your raw data. Once you've populated the data by clicking the button on the first sheet, all you need to do is copy across the standardized category names from the "Original Categories" column to the "Standardized Categories" column.

Unfortunately this means you don't get to see the original category names in the analysis spreadsheet so you can't compare them. But since you've already completed your standardization, this shouldn't be too big a problem.

If you need any further help with the spreadsheets, or if you run into any more trouble, please get in touch.

5. 6 Posted by William on 21 Feb, 2012 02:09 AM

As an addendum to this discussion, the "participants who used this category" and "agreement" data from the spreadsheet are now available in the Categories tab on the results for Open card sorts.

6. William closed this discussion on 21 Feb, 2012 02:09 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac