More than one sort in a single OptimalSort survey

David Burns

26 May, 2011 12:47 AM

Does your platform allow me to do multiple card sorts in a single survey? I am doing a study in which I need people to do closed sorts in two or three completely different domains. Putting these in the same sort will be too lengthy and confusing. Also, this will be a remote-moderated session where I will be instructing each participant, so i want to eliminate the instructions screen. Why can't you just skip it if it has no content to display?

thanks.

1. 2 Posted by William on 26 May, 2011 03:11 AM

Hi David,

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean by "multiple card sorts". The way Optimal Sort is put together, the relationship between a card sort and a survey is one-to-one. That is, a card sort IS a survey - there is no way to have many under one umbrella. If you were hoping to chain multiple card sorts together I'm afraid that we do not offer that functionality.

With regards to the instructions page, the reason we don't currently allow for the skipping of the instructions page is that remote moderation was not considered during the design process. In fact, Optimal Sort grew from wanting to perform card sorting without moderation any kind. For this reason, the logic necessary to skip the instructions page was never written.

That being said, this feature has obviously been discussed previously - I have attached the relevant ticket to this discussion. Unfortunately I can't give you a timeframe on when that work might be completed - we have a pretty full plate at the moment.

Best regards
    William

2. William closed this discussion on 26 May, 2011 03:11 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac