Importing moderated sorts into OptimalSort

tracey.vandenberg

24 Jun, 2012 11:19 PM

I'm having trouble importing results from moderated card sorts into optimal sort. I've read the instructions:

Import your data
From the participants tab on the results page of your survey, click "Add a moderated card sort participant".

But I can't find the "Add a moderated card sort participant" button or link anywhere! Help!

1. 2 Posted by William on 25 Jun, 2012 01:26 AM

Hi Tracey,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

If your survey is a closed sort, you won't see any buttons because we currently don't support adding moderated participants to closed card sorts. If you want to add that data yourself, I'm afraid you'll need to run through the sorting activity yourself in the web interface for the participant in question.

There's a note at the top of that knowledge base article warning about this.

If your survey is an open sort, you'll find the "download cards" button at the top right of the survey setup page and the "add participant" button at the bottom of the list of participants in your results.

If you're on a free subscription, both of these buttons will be greyed out -you need a paid subscription to access this feature. Sorry that this isn't clear in the knowledge base article; I'll be updating it to make a note of that fact. You can still add your moderated results manually, but as with the closed sort, you'll need to actually run through the survey for each participant.

If you don't have participants at all, it looks like the "add participants" button doesn't display. This is a bug, and needs correcting.

I hope this clears everything up for you. Let me know if anything needs clarifying.

Best regards,

William O'Neil
    Optimal Workshop

2. William closed this discussion on 25 Jun, 2012 01:26 AM.

3. tracey.vandenberg re-opened this discussion on 25 Jun, 2012 02:40 AM

4. 3 Posted by tracey.vandenberg on 25 Jun, 2012 02:40 AM

Ah - it is a closed sort.

Is there a reason you don't support adding moderated sorts for closed sorts? It seems it would be easier than an open sort - or at least could be entered in the same way.

5. 4 Posted by William on 25 Jun, 2012 03:43 AM

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your feedback. This is something we're looking to add in a future revision, but unfortunately it keeps slipping down the list of priorities. We're looking to tackle a bunch of these kinds of things in the near future, though.

William

6. William closed this discussion on 25 Jun, 2012 03:43 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac